Friday, December 23, 2011

Country of the Month: North Korea

Okay by now, those who read this blog would be perfectly aware how spontaneous, extreme and far fetched my interests are from each other. Obviously -- I Love Tattoos, Music, Poetry and Travelling, aside from that my likes are from extreme poles of UFC and Boxing to Vain Attacks of Digital Perming and Spa Treatments. Well, aside from that -- I'm also a mindf*cker, who is nerdy enough to do a Word of the Week entry. Now here is the latest addition to my self-confessed, nerdy-ness; Country of the Month. Don't Worry, to compensate - I shall post one of my photos, one of those visual proof that am not yet a bipolar/schitzoooo. Anyhoo, here is North Korea for yo!

***

I was with my girlfriends at Kalibo International Airport, our Singles Getaway was about to end when the news the Kim Jong Il, NK's leader died. The news was all over twitter, and just like that I was glued on searching online who Kim Jong Il is and all the other facts about North Korea. Since I don't want to be partial and judgemental about North Korea, all I'll be posting here after are the info's I have gathered from Wikipedia and some of the Videos I have been watching (yes over berroca and chips, lol!) late at night.

***

North Korea (About this sound listen), officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK; Chosŏn'gŭl: 조선민주주의인민공화국), is a country in East Asia, occupying the northern half of the Korean Peninsula. Its capital and largest city is Pyongyang. The Korean Demilitarized Zone serves as the buffer zone between North Korea and South Korea. The Amnok, or Yalu, and the Tumen rivers form the border between North Korea and China. A section of the Tumen River in the far northeast is the border with Russia.

The Capital City is Pyongyang and the National Language is Korean. Currency is North Korean Won and  North Korea's government is a self-described Juche (self-reliant) state,[65] described by some observers as a de facto absolute monarchy[66][67][68] or "hereditary dictatorship"[69] with a pronounced cult of personality organized around Kim Il-sung (the founder of North Korea and the country's only president) and his son and heir, Kim Jong-il. Following Kim Il-sung's death in 1994, he was not replaced but instead received the designation of "Eternal President", and was entombed in the vast Kumsusan Memorial Palace in central Pyongyang.[70

***
Inside Undercover in North Korea:






**The above videolinks are from youtube and are documentaries from National Geographic. I dont own them, nor am I paid or asked for them to be re-published. I just want to share the video-knowledge I got from the vids :)

 ************

Ahn-Nyeong Hah- Seh-Yo!
The promised proof of not being scheeezooo photo, sane enough? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment